• High strength lightweight magnesium
• Genuine Extru-Lite™ Magnesium is 30% lighter than aluminum
• Scored blade holds material in place
• Rounded corners won't catch
• Flange reinforces blade to keep shape
• Callus Preventer protects hand during long use
• Smooth wood handle
This heavy-duty, lightweight magnesium hawk is a favorite of professional plasterers. The tough Extru-Lite™ magnesium blade is 30% lighter than aluminum. An 14" x 14" blade features rounded corners for safety, comfort, and long service. The rounded edges won't catch on things and won't wear away like harsh edges can. A 4" flange reinforces the center of the board to keep its shape. Blade is machine scored in a spiral pattern to control drywall mud, plaster, or other materials and keep it centered on the tool. A 1/2" thick sponge rubber hand protector fits snugly beneath the blade to prevent calluses. A smooth wood handle provides a comfortable grip.